Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Buying An Abstract Painting

You may be mistaken in thinking that buying a piece of abstract art would be a simple thing to do. You just select the work you want... and buy it!
The truth will creep up on you as soon as you look at the first painting "it is not quite the right one, so I will look for another".
Here is the first realization - and question to ask yourself - why exactly is this piece you are looking at "not quite right"? The answer can be manifold:
1. It includes a colour I do not like
2. I am not sure it will go with another item in the space I would like to place it
3. A slow realization that a certain personal undesirable association is being emitted from the painting
4. It looks great but I am not sure it will fit the space
5. It is just right but the View the rest of this article


No comments: